This handmade chasen (or matcha whisk) is made of a single piece of natural bamboo cut into very fine fibers. It helps whip the powder and turns it into a mousse that brings out the mellowness of tea.
Chasen (bamboo whisk) is important in the preparation of matcha tea.
The amount of tea also differs from one whip to another. For best results when preparing matcha it is advisable to use a matcha whisk.
Bamboo is usually 2-2.5 cm thick and 9-12 cm long. The most common whip is handcrafted from white bamboo such as this one.
How to use:
1. It is recommended to sift the matcha powder to get a better foam
2. Moisten your chasen with warm water to soften it.
3. Place 1 spoon of matcha powder in the "chawan" or tea bowl. Pour 70 ml of water at 80 - 100 ° C (boiling).
4. Use the chasen (bamboo whisk) and whip the matcha quickly by writing an imaginary 'W' to form the foam.
5. Relax and enjoy an invigorating cup of matcha whether it's a moment for yourself or a pause with a friend/partner !
Length: 110 mm. Width: 58 mm.
Package content: handmade matcha whisk made of bamboo.
USA, CANADA, UK & EUROPE - FREE SHIPPING
- Free delivery within 7 to 14 business days using USPS, Canada Post and others.
- Next-day and Express delivery options also available
REST OF THE WORLD - FREE SHIPPING
- Delivery within 10 to 25 business days.
- Express delivery options also available
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
- Within 14 days of delivery
- See conditions and procedure in our Delivery & Returns policy